7 BEDROOM FARMHOUSE BUSH FARM, GREAT BROMLEY ESSEX, CO7 7TR FOR SALE £2,400,000
✔ Bespoke Farm House
✔ 7 Bedrooms
✔ 2.5 Acres
✔ Swimming Pool & Stables
✔ 1,200 sq ft Cart Lodge
I am delighted to bring to the market this bespoke newly built traditional Eco Friendly/Passive Essex Farmhouse set in landscaped grounds of 2.5 acres in two lots and being surrounded by open fields in the heart of the Essex countryside in the idyllic quiet rural village of Great Bromley.
The Parish of Great Bromley lies within the Tendring Peninsular and is located 5 miles east of the Historic County Town of Colchester and 4 miles south of the riverside town of Manning tree with their rail links to London (Fast Train Colchester - Liverpool St. 47mins) & the A120 and A12 road links within a short 5 minutes’ drive.
The property which is currently nearing completion to a point where the perspective purchaser will have the unique opportunity to choose their own bespoke kitchen designs as well as Bathroom suites and tiles in those associated areas, floor coverings and internal decoration and all finishing touches to the remainder. This home offers a wealth of beautiful oak beams and features with extensive accommodation over three floors and boasts the opportunity of up to 7 bedrooms if required over an area of 4,500 sq ft. The plot also come fully landscaped with soft as well as hard landscaping, fences, established trees etc.
Complimenting the property are two detached out buildings/dwelling offering an additional 2,400 sq ft. The first is a detached cart lodge with pantile roof and traditional Essex black weather boarding presenting under cover parking for three cars as well as an integral garage/office area totalling 1,200 sq ft. The second currently under construction is also a detached cart lodge style constructed with the same external materials giving the opportunity of a separate 2/3 bedroom cottage with its own parking and garden also totalling 1,200 sq ft. Again with the unique opportunity to choose Kitchens and Bathrooms, internal decoration and floor coverings etc or alternatively this area can be used as a gym/games room/office etc.
Also included at the rear of the property is a large messamin pergola constructed in oak as shown in the artwork with a decked area to the first floor servicing the first floor hall as well as the master bedroom. This structure is included in the asking price of the house but not yet constructed however the artwork has been provided to give the perspective purchaser a visual idea of how the rear of the property will look and be served by this structure. Also shown in the artwork is a large patio area to the rear of the property as well as landscaping and featured planting areas. None of this work will be undertaken until a purchaser is found to ensure the perspective purchaser has the opportunity to extend if required
At this point of construction offers are invited in excess of £2.4 million
This is a unique opportunity and the closest you will get to build your own home with your own unique touches and finishes to stamp your own personal stamp on the property.
* Just under 4500sq` over 3 floors
* Master Bedroom Area featuring vaulted ceiling with velux windows, oak beams and gallows throughout totalling 15’7 x 34’6 (4780 x 10560) broken down into four separate areas as follows:
Master Bedroom 15`7 x 13`7 (4780 x 4200) with French Doors to south facing 1st floor veranda, Hall leading from bedroom area 11’8 x 5’2 (3620 x 1600) leading to en-suite Bath and Shower Room cubicle and his and hers sinks 10’ x 11’5(3100 x 3500) with separate Dressing room with his and hers walk in wardrobes and dressing area 15’3 x 8’6 (4680 x 2600) and downlighting throughout as well as pendants in master bedroom, en-suite and dressing area
* Bedroom Two 16`7 x 13` (5100 x 3970) with South facing Juliette Balcony, with additional built in wardrobes and en-suite Shower room downlighting throughout as well as separate singular pendant in bedroom area
* Bedroom Three 13`5 x 11`3 (4100 x 3420) with additional Built in wardrobes and en-suite Shower room, downlighting throughout as well as separate single pendant in bedroom area
* 1st Floor Family Bath/Shower room 7’8 x 11’8 (2400 x 3600) downlighting throughout
* Impressive 1st floor Galleried Landing with French doors gaining access to south facing veranda incorporated in the hall area are 3 cupboards for storage, one for towels with built in towel rail, the two remaining for general storage downlighting throughout as well as oak beam and gallowed feature
* 2nd floor landing 7’4 x 12’4 (2260 x 3780) with 2 velux roof lights and integrated low level cupbaords as well as two built in cupboards for towels and storage etc, downlighting throughout
* 2nd Floor Bedroom Four 16`9 x 11`7 (5140 x 3560) with French doors leading onto a private south facing balcony. The bedroom also benefitting integrated low level cupboards and downlighting throughout
* 2nd Floor Bedroom Five 14`1 x 10`7 (4300 x 3260) with integrated low level cupboards, velux roof light and downlighting throughout
* 2nd Floor Bedroom Six 13`1 x 10`7 (3940 x 3260) with intergrated low level cupboards, velux roof light and downlighting throughout
* Ground floor Hall and Stairwell 17’7 x 20’9 (5400 x 6400) when entering the imposing oak front door situated left and right are two cloakrooms as well as a third larger cloakroom before leading into the Kitchen as well as oak staircase leading up to first floor galleried area as well as downlighting throughout
* Ground Floor Bedroom Seven or Study 16`7 x 11`1 (5100 x 3400) The opportunity exists to have this room converted into a seventh bedroom if required as all the electrics and plumbing have already been implemented for this purpose as well as downlighting throughout
* Attractive Traditional Lounge 20`9 x 16` (6350 x 4850) with 10’` wide inglenook fireplace with buyers choice of wood/multi fuel burning stove and large oak Bressumer above as well as featured lighting within the fireplace and separate downlighting on the ceiling as well as the option for wall lighting.
* Sitting Room 16`7 x 11`6 (5080 x 3500) With Bi Folding doors to exterior as well as downlighting throughout
* Garden Room 15`2 x 14`7 (4750 x 4500) With French doors to exterior patio area with vaulted ceiling as well as two veluxs and oak beams and gallows as well as downlighting throughout
* Dining Room 12` x 10` (3660 x 3030) With Bi Folding doors to exterior with downlighting throughout and featured oak beams
* Kitchen 27` x 17` (8220 x 5230) with choice of bespoke design and appliances as well as choice of Aga or Esse with oak bressumer features above with a large central island and downlighting throughout with two pendants
* Utility/Larder Room 9`9 x 9` (3000 x 2780) having the benefit of a vaulted ceiling with velux roof lights with a mixture of downlights and pendant lighting and oak beams and choice of Kitchen
* Boot Room 9`1 x 5` (2780 x 1500) as well as vaulted ceiling with velux roof lights as well as downlighting and hanging area for hats/coats and built in area for boots/shoes etc downlighting throughout
* Service Room 8’x 4’8 (2460 x 1450) intergrated in this area will be all of the control panels for the heating system, cylinders etc, fuseboards and consumer units relating to the electrics as well as all of the timer controls for the towel rails situated throughout the house as well as all of the external watering and lighting controls
* Downstairs WC 3’3 x 7’2 (1000 x 2200) with downlighting throughout
In conclusion regarding the room sizes and layouts all bedrooms and living areas will come with a generous array of double sockets as well as LED lighting as mentioned.
Also included will be TV points and cat 6 communication cables and in the living room wall lighting if required
* 1200 sq` 2/3 bedroom cottage with choice of kitchen and bathroom/WC
* 1200 sq` Cart Lodge incl. Triple Garage + Office/Store room or Gymnasium.
I have briefly mentioned the house as well as the two outbuildings but I would also like to bring to your attention the further opportunities to extend the existing footprint of the property (not included in the initial asking price).
The successful purchaser at an extra cost subject to separate negotiation as an example can drastically increase the square footage of the property if required. Plans however have been drawn up as an example to create a single storey extension to the rear of the property that will increase the existing sq ft of the house on the ground floor by a further 750 sq ft as shown in the artwork to the rear elevation. The external dimensions will be approx. 9m wide by 8m deep. If required the purpose of this extension would be to provide a large open inside/outside space with bifold doors leading out onto a large patio area on the ground floor to the rear and side area where a large oak Pergola will then be constructed giving covered access onto a swimming pool and BBQ area as shown in the artwork. The roof of the extension will be decked and surrounded with a glass balustrade thus increasing the balcony area by an additional 750 sq ft and enabling access from the first floor landing to the rear of the property as well as the master bedroom out onto the roof of the extension and could be used as a social area benefiting from the south facing aspect with extensive open rural views.
There is also the opportunity as mentioned for a swimming pool and oak built covered entertainment/BBQ area. Stables and paddock
The house has been constructed in the most sustainable/eco-friendly way by using natural materials such as timber/oak frame and lime rendering on the house as well as mixing cutting edge technology with the insulation and heat retention in tandem with the air source solar heating systems.
I have listed below some of the features and ideas that the house will benefit from:
House Heating System:
The house will be heated by an air source heat pump that will sit outside of the property, this will be backed up with an array of solar panels that will sit on the back roof of the cart lodge, the air unit will be 16 kw, this supplies the house with hot water and heating throughout. The ground floor will have under floor heating and will be controlled by wired thermostats in each area. The first and second floor will have radiators and will be regulated with thermostatic valves to control each area. The cost of running this large family home will be significantly reduced by the implementation of these systems.
The heating System in the annex will also have its own air source and solar systems supplying the building with hot water and heating
Water harvesting system:
All the rain water from the roof of the house as well as the out buildings will run into a 4800 litre tank, the water then gets pumped back to the main house as grey water to supply the toilets, this water will also supply the feeders of the flower beds around the house as well as the sprinklers to the front lawn .
To the front and rear of the house and in the garden areas as well as trees there will be up lighting to enhance the appearance at night this will be controlled from the service room of the house.
Electric vehicle charging:
A three phase electrical supply has been implemented to the property to ensure any future demands/requirements such as vehicle charging points etc. Are met sufficiently.
The Victorian School, St George's C of E Primary which was founded in 1863 is a short walk away and within the County Town of Colchester there are excellent educational facilities with the Grammar School for boys and girls, together with the Ipswich High School for girls at Woolverstone and Orwell Park School at Nacton.
Within the village there is a picturesque church with a local public house which is managed and run by the community, open part time from Thursdays through to Sundays. The Cross inn houses a post office every Wednesdays and holds various community events.
There are excellent walking, riding and cycling routes in the area, together with sailing on the Rivers Stour and Orwell.
This is a unique opportunity to have the house of your dreams completed to an excellent standard to meet all of your needs and taste as well as an extensive selection of extras and as mentioned above “anything is possible”.